Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Whale Watching


On a ferry ride to Friday Harbor, we noticed a cluster of boats in one area.  My husband thought it was just fishing, but a local San Juan Island resident spoke up and recognized it must be whale watchers because all fishing is currently out of season.  I ran outside to snap some pictures, amazed to see some fins of the orca whales.  Examining the pictures after I laughed more at the cluster of people on the boat all huddled to get their best look.  I can't blame them because whales are truely amazing creatures.

1 comment:

  1. I'll never forget the time I went whale watching when I went on one of the Patagonia tours last year. It was truly one of the best experiences I have ever experienced in my life. Not only was I able to see whales, I saw seals, penguins, and an array of different species of birds. Hopefully the next time I go down there it will be as good as the first time.

    ReplyDelete