Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1 Theme Day-- Changes

My sister snapped this shot of snow softly falling on a portion of our mom's tombstone. It made me think a lot about change-- how my world is continuing to change, and how much I wish she were here to experience all the changes with me. So much has changed since she died in April-- my youngest daughter is talking up a storm, my older daughter is almost reading. I've written the first draft of a novel. I started doing this daily photo blog. We've been working on the house, and actually have walls in our dining room. How I wish she could see all these changes, and was here to see 2009 become 2010. For me, the world is changing... but her world will forever be the same.

3 comments:

  1. what a lovely image. excellent composition. Happy New Year and I wish you many good photos in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss, lizziv. And so glad you have a sister to travel the road with you. And daughters to renew your faith in the future. Congratulations on that first draft! May 2010 bring only the best sort of changes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very poignant photograph and commentary. My mother's been gone since 1993 and my mother-in-law, whom I loved very much, since 2003, and I miss them both terribly and I, like you, often think how wonderful it would be if they were here to share the "changes" going on in our lives.

    Lois Anne and I wish you all the best for the coming year. More changes are coming, and we hope they mean good things for you and yours. Best wishes, too, for your novel...let us know how that works out for you!

    ReplyDelete